Facebook’s App Static FBML is pure awesome sauce. With it you can add pure html to a custom named tab. Also you are able to make the tab the first thing they view when they click on your fan page! How cool is that?
Adding such a tab is easy at adding the Static FBML application, editing it, and then adding it as a tab. In the video, I said I’ll show you how to make it the first thing anyone views on your page … but I messed that up and couldn’t find it in the heat of the moment. Right below the video I added the steps on how to make the page the first thing viewers see!
In the video I talk about:
- Adding FBML to your page
- Editing FBML
- Adding your Aweber optin code
- Quick html things in static FBML
Enjoy the video introduction to Static FBML!
To set the Static FBML tab as the primary tab, follow these quick steps:
- Click over to “Edit Page”, thus you’ll be at your pages settings.
- Under “Wall Settings”, the 2nd option from the top, click “Edit”.
- Change “Default Landing Tab for Everyone Else:” to your Static FBML’s tab name.
- In the case of the video example, I would select “Sign Me Up!”.
- Check your fan page from another account which is not a fan of the page.
Enjoy! If you have any comments or questions feel free to ask!